Tonka Bean Panna Cotta – Recipe

I first tried chocolate flavoured with tonka bean on a chocolate tour a couple of years ago, and instantly fell in love. But it's only now I've been able to get my hands on some beans myself. Sometimes simple is best, so I started with a basic to let the fragrant, vanilla-coconut-tropical-woody flavour of the bean shine.




Instead of sugar, I used condensed milk to sweeten this panna cotta, which also makes it even richer and creamier. It's perfect served with a little raspberry coulis too, as the sharpness goes with the smooth sweetness of the set cream.



Ready? Let's go.


Ingredients:

300ml double cream
100ml condensed milk
4g gelatine powder, soaked in 2 tbsp water
1 small tonka bean, finely grated

Method:

1. Heat the double cream, condensed milk and tonka bean powder in a small saucepan, stirring to combine, until steaming and just beginning to bubble. Turn off the heat and stir in the soaked gelatine, dissolving it completely.

2. Pour into four small moulds, leave to cool to room temperature, and chill in the fridge overnight before serving.


That's it, you're done! Enjoy, and have fun.

Comments

Popular Posts